It's a Sunday afternoon and I can't help but envy those snuggling in their beds. Here I am at work waiting ever-so-impatiently for the seconds to pass by at a quicker pace.
Life has been hectic lately barely giving me time to breathe, let alone spare me some much-needed me-time. I think to myself, "Is it worth it?" and I tell you, that very thought goes through my mind at least once a day. Ok, I have been blessed with a job not many people my age could have and I know that... and trust me, I'm thankful. Mind you though, a lot had to be endured before I got to this point. It's not that I'd give everything away... I just wish the world could stand still even for a day.
Bizarre deadlines, impossible clients, and the constant need to prove your worth in a very male-dominant corporate world tends to get to you at times. Sometimes I wish I could just scream as loud as I possibly can or that I could slap some sense into people... but then I wonder, would that really help? If any of you have tried such techniques, do fill me in on your stories :)
*sigh* the truth of the matter is (and now, I shall quote from Spiderman) with great power comes great responsibility and (now from Transformers) no sacrifice, no victory. The funny thing is I am well aware of these 'truths' but I know that all of us dream of an ideal world... a utopia of our own. I know I'm guilty of such a charge!
Instead of conducting international conference meetings with clients in Japan or Germany, I wish I could just call my friends and chat the day away. Instead of producing quotations for the latest projects, I wish I was working on my next shopping list. Instead of prancing about from meeting to meeting with clients who have no sense of punctuality, I wish I was on the beach enjoying the soothing sounds of the waves as they come crashing on the shore. Instead of working on endless proposals, I wish I was lying down on a hammock on my balcony reading a book. And the list goes on...
But alas, such fantasies have their own time and place. However, when I really think about it, all the energy I've exerted, time I've used and effort I've put in to get to where I am now, won't be wasted (or at least that's the hope). And I guess, those of us trying to better our situations have to cross the valley of hardships to bring our awaited utopia into existence... and when that happens, bliss will have a new meaning.
And in the end, it'll all be worth it.

1 comments:
and that my friend, is the hopefull motto that keeps us all going..
although sure sounds like i wouldnt want your stress load :)
Post a Comment